9.27.2011

the big E

This weekend, Bry and I went to the Big E in West Springfield, Massachusetts. We didn't think we were going to be able to go because of the weather, but we ended up having a great day for it. We went, ate, walked around, and just enjoyed a day of doing something a bit different.

We first walked over to the State houses per my request- I'm always hungry...

Lobster Ravioli with pink vodka sauce from Rhode Island

Maine baked potato- I was so pumped to eat this!

Bry went the "healthy" route and got a Maine lobster roll

Enjoying my potato. I actually contemplated getting a second one, but B talked me out of it...

Then we walked over to the petting zoo. Lots of animals were sleepy I guess...

This camel had some gnarly teeth. Didn't get a good shot of those suckers. 

The kangaroo was tired too!

A little squinty. So much for cloudy with a chance of rain. It was really bright out and we left our sunglasses in the car!

Lastly, we walked over to the games. Bry wanted to win me a stuffed animal. So he plays a round of darts where you have to get a certain amount of points to win a prize. The guy running the booth made a deal with Bry that if he bought a second game, a free game "for the lady would be on the house". So Bry unfortunately had lost out two games. Somehow I managed to win myself a cute stuffed giraffe- pure luck, my friends, pure luck. However, my hubby still wanted to be a man and win a stuffed animal so he tried another game, where you have to hit and break two beer bottles with two baseballs. We had picked out the stuffed animal that we wanted before he played. He won and the lady hands us a big stuffed Obama. It was quite the prize....

hahaha!



Obama is currently sitting in our kitchen chair...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...