12.31.2011

12 in 2012

The New Year is here! I can't believe it. I'm not a believer in New Years Resolutions because no one ever keeps those, so I make goals instead. I decided to make 12 goals for the year 2012.
  1. Attempt more DIY projects. Pinterest has opened my eyes to so many cute ideas and I need to be more DIY-savvy. I am such a "Well-it's-easier-to-just-buy-that" type of person...
  2. Learn to sew & knit.  2 somewhat goes hand in hand with my DIY goal. 
  3. Create a better wardrobe without breaking the bank. While I will always love shopping, we are trying to make better financial decisions and I want to try to be creative with what I have {and add a few pieces here and there}
  4. Get into a yoga routine. Since I deleted my gym membership two months ago, I need to be faithfully doing my yoga DVD- Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown. If you want to feel like you were  trampled by an elephant, try it out. You will hurt the next day...
  5. Make and eat healthier meals. While I don't see myself as a KFC junkie, I definitely know I need to eat more well balanced meals {cough, fruits and veggies, cough}. And this includes cooking these meals too- although I love having a hubby who enjoys cooking!
  6. Create more of an interesting blog layout. Again, working on this one already, but this will take time as well...
  7. Be a better wife...While Bry and I have already been married over a year, I still feel like this can be an ever-long goal. I have recently learned Bry's love language and while I know that's not an equation to make him happy, I do know a few things that he likes- ie keep up with the dishes, laundry, & cleaning. {Confession: I am not the one to do these things all of the time, actually I rarely take the initiative to do these things... I am working on it and will continue to do so for the future} 
  8. Love more. This goal can again apply for not just this upcoming year. And I'm going to try to love more. 
  9. Smile more. Cliche and cheesy but I want to not take things so seriously. I want to enjoy life!
  10. Be more open to a change of mood. This might sound strange, but I have a tendency to get stuck in a cranky/stubborn/upset mood and Bry will try everything to get me out of it. It's times like those I want to literally turn my mood right around...
  11. Pray more. I started this in 2010, just before I got married and it has helped me tremendously. I always feel like prayer is a tiny little thing that's sometimes is only muttered when necessary. But God is looking for a relationship, not just random cries of desperation.
  12. Do more of what makes me happy. 
Bring it, 2012 :)

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...