1.04.2013

gemma gemma gemma

It's been quite some time since I've blogged... but let me share what's been going on since my last post...

The biggest thing to happen...


Gemma Rose arrived on October 22nd, 2012 at 7:32pm. She was a healthy 7lbs even and 20 inches long. Our world has forever changed for the better and I just can't stop staring at my gorgeous girl!

We came home from the hospital with our baby girl just as Hurricane Sandy was threatening to hit the East Coast. As we all know the damage she made, we were fortunate to just lose power for several days. Gem slept through all the hype.


Because of Hurricane Sandy and then a freak snowstorm a week later, Halloween was postponed 'til November 10. Gemma the Giraffe handed out candy to all 5 Trick-or-treaters that rang our doorbell.


As Gemma became older, she started to become more and more alert. I love the pictures we have of her with her eyes open... They are my favorites.




Although, this girl could have cared less about the election.



I had a minor freak out when Gemma rolled over on November 20. Yes, I said rolled over. She ROLLED OVER at just 29 days old. Not just once, but three times that evening. And has since kept rolling over from belly to back when we put her down in her crib and she doesn't want to be there. Gemma gets really frustrated, cries angrily, and pushes herself onto her back. I think we've got Super Baby over here!

Another exciting update, Brad and Jacki's baby, Luella, was born on November 21. Lula and Gemma are just one day short of being a month apart! I can't wait to see them grow up and be friends!



We spent Thanksgiving at my parent's house as Bry's parents were in NYC visiting Lula at the hospital.  Both Bryan and I are thankful for what we have, but this Thanksgiving felt a little more special with our little family of 3.


Then we celebrated Bry's birthday at the end of November by going into NYC. We brought Gemma in to his work to meet everyone. Gemma ended up having two blow outs while we were there... Good thing I had brought enough spare clothing for her!! Later, we went to the NBA store for Bry to get a hat and to see the Christmas tree in Rockafellar Center!




Gem's first tub bath wasn't for a little while.. It took her umbilical stump a LONG time to fall off. She seems to not mind the tub too much in this picture, but we've recently learned that the shower is the way to Gemma's heart. She's the calmest when it's hair washing time.


And lastly {as if this post isn't long enough}, Gemma's first Christmas!

{Christmas Eve}




{and Christmas morning}


And here we are in 2013... Can't believe Gemma was technically born last year. Apologies for the lack of posting, but I will try to be better about posting more frequently from now on! I'm sure I've missed a few things to write about, but I was trying to take in all of my baby's newborn-ness while it was still here. Now, she's smiling and almost laughing and rolling over and sleeping through the night {mostly}.  Gemma's growing up too fast already. But we're loving every minute of it. And it's only the beginning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...