10.19.2011

sunday evening walk

One Sunday about two weeks ago, Bry and I were having a tough time figuring out what to do. Eighty degrees in mid-October is a little strange in New England. Usually the leaves are changing and the air is crisp and chilly. Nope- not this Sunday. We were a little frustrated because we wanted to go pumpkin picking and enjoy fall weather and there was none of that around. 

We went out and grabbed lunch. Then B suggested 16 Handles froyo {as mentioned in this post}, which had me hooked from the second it was said. After lunch and froyo, the late afternoon slump hit hard {those frequently torture me, those late afternoon full-belly slumps}. We went home and I took a nap on the couch.

I'm pretty sure Bry thought the evening was done for when I laid down at 4:00. However, when I woke up, I was a bit groggy {as always} but I decided to make the most of our evening. I said, "Hey, let's take a walk." It was just beginning to get dark, so we set out. 

the leaves just starting to change

b&a

waiting for me as usual

Once I remembered that there is a stray coyote that has been roaming around our neighborhood, we didn't stay out much longer, but it was a fun walk nonetheless. When we came home, we poured some wine and  played our favorite card game Gin. 


Sundays are beginning to become one of my favorite days of the week. I used to hate them. But that's for another post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...