7.13.2012

an eye opener

Nothing like a packet of third trimester & hospital information to open your eyes to how far along you are in your pregnancy. Not that I haven't realized I'm pregnant or even that I'm 6 months pregnant... but receiving a big stack of paperwork and pamphlets from my doctor at my routine prenatal check up was a huge reality check for me. Reading about labor, delivery, breastfeeding, pediatricians, and newborn care seems just informational, but it's a big deal to me. Not only am I becoming a parent, but I am making life choices for my child already even before she's here. And much to my magical wish of being able to forgo the "painful labor and birth" part of the process, reading all of this information has made me so stinking excited. I am thrilled to be having this baby and privileged and blessed beyond words to be her mother already, scary as it is. Trust me, I've had my worries, doubts, and anxieties, but you can't live life being afraid. God is with me always and I've got a wonderful husband who supports me entirely. I can't ask for much more right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...